Meeting Notice – 2016 Labor Negotiations

The Kuna Rural Fire District’s 2016 Negotiations Committee will meet with IAF Local 4165  on September 19, 2016, 1:00 p.m., at Kuna Fire Station #1, 150 W Boise St., Kuna, Idaho, to negotiate changes to the Twelfth Amended and Restated Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Posted in Announcements | Leave a comment

About Us

Kuna Rural Fire District was established in 1951 and provides fire protection, 911 ALS ambulance service, rescue services and wildland fire protection to 110 square miles with an assessed property value of approximately $730,000,000 ($689,000,000 in Ada County, and $41,000,000 in Canyon County), and a population of 25,000.  The District is a mix of urban, rural, agriculture and wildland areas.  .  The District provides protection services for the City of Kuna, the southern portion of Ada County, and a portion of southeast Canyon County.  Kuna Fire District also provides contract services to multiple entities in the southeast portion of Ada County as well as providing mutual aid to multiple agencies County and State wide.  A large portion of Ada County borders the southern 20 mile boundary of the Kuna Fire District, that portion of the County is very remote and considered “no man’s land” as far as fire and EMS Services and Kuna Rural Fire is typically dispatched to those areas for mutual aid due to our proximity to the area.

The Kuna Fire District is governed by a board of five elected Commissioners and employs a Fire Chief, Assistant Fire Chief, Secretary/Bookkeeper/Officer of Administration, 2 part time administrative support staff, 8 fulltime Firefighter/Paramedics, 2 full time Firefighter/EMTs, and 40 paid call Volunteers who respond to approximately 1200 incidents per year.  Approximately 90% of the District’s budget is generated from tax assessment and the remaining 10% from fee based services.

The City of Kuna  is located just 8 miles south of Interstate 84, and is part of the Boise Metro Area that consists of a population of 649,372.  Kuna is conveniently located within a 10 to 15 minute drive to Boise, Meridian or Nampa.  The population within the city limits of Kuna is 15,650, in the ten years between 2000 and 2010 Kuna grew 182.6% making it the fastest growing city in Idaho. Since 2010 Kuna has continued to grow at a slower rate.

 

Posted in Announcements | Leave a comment